An ideal walking and cycling region
Bungalow park “De Egelshoek” is located on the edge of the Groene Hart, a unique nature reserve that can be accessed by bike from the major cities of Utrecht, The Hague, Rotterdam and Amsterdam. From Bungalow Park De Egelshoek, you can discover all kinds of beautiful places on foot or by bike. The area consists of extensive meadows, peat bogs, large ponds, lakes and meandering rivers, but also historic towns, fortresses and farms.
Which nature reserve would you like to explore?
These are our tips!
- Hiking route Bert Bos path through Groene Hart (12-minute drive)
- Tienhovense Plassen (20-minute ride)
- Hiking route Oppad at the Kortenhoefse Plassen (25-minute drive)
- Loosdrechtse Plassen (15-minute drive)
- National Park Utrechtse Heuvelrug (30-minute drive)
- Panbos (25-minute drive)
- Henschotermeer recreational area (30-minute drive)
If you’d like to map out your own cycling route, check the cycling route planner. Of course, we also have various cycling maps which can be found in reception. There are larger tours for the avid cyclist and smaller tours for the relaxed cyclist.’